What is video marketing?
Basically video marketing is internet marketing and advertising in which business create 2-5 minute short videos about specific topics using content from articles and other text sources. The videos are then uploaded to various video sharing websites like YouTube for distribution and exposure.
Why should I be using video marketing?
- 74% of all Internet traffic will be video in 2017.
- 93% of marketers use video for online marketing, sales or communication.
- 70% of marketing professionals report that video converts better than any other medium.
- Homepage videos are shown to increase conversion rates by 20% or more.
- Using video on landing pages can increase conversion by 80%
- Video in an email can boost open rates by 20% and increase click-through rates by 200 to 300 percent.
- Using the word “Video” in an email subject line boosts open rates 19%, click-through rates by 65% and reduces unsubscribes by 26%.
- 59% of viewers will watch a video that is less than one-minute to completion.
- 92% of mobile viewers share videos with others
- 65% of hard to reach executives have visited a vendor’s site after watching a video
- 59% of senior execs prefer to watch a video instead of reading text if both are available on the same page
- The average internet user spends 88% more time on a website with a video.
- 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it.
But where do you start with video?
Whiteboard animations are an inexpensive place to start. The process is relatively simple:
- Start with a story board
- Write a script
- Source your images for use in the animation. Vector images will give you the best quality finish. You will be amazed at how many sites there are to get free vectors. Use a Google search e.g. “Free vector flower”
- Lastly you will need to find someone to read your script and bring your animation to life. Again you can use Google to find service providers….or you could call us 🙂
- Remember to share your video on your website and on social media
Below is an example of a product and services explainer video